Thursday, February 21, 2013

Provincial Budget 2013 (British Columbia)

hmmm... I must confess that I used to have a Girl Crush on Christy Clark. I enjoyed her as a radio personality. I liked her honesty and candor. I decided that I would vote for her in the next Provincial Election. That was in 2012... it is now 2013 and I have falled out of Gurl Love with Ms Clark.

She did so many things in the beginning that made me believe that she going to change BC and make this a better province. I couldn't even pin the Integrated Case Management cluster f8ck on her as that was Mr Campbell's dream. Ms Clark did her part and 86'd the old guard from MCFD (all those lovely folks from South Africa of all places who wanted to decontruct our system of child welfare... because they are such a healthy country and all). Good riddence.

But then things slowly started to fall apart for Ms Clark. She failed to place an engaged MLA in the position of Minister of Children and Family Development. She started losing cabinet members. She started saying stupid crap.

And now it appears that she has cut funding to a vulnerable population in the 2013 budget. I am not going to get my panties in a knot as I don't think that the Liberals will form government after the election in May... but serriously?? You had to cut funding from adults with autism and FAS? Who is vetting your paperwor? Who told you this would be a great idea? I know that adults with FAS and Autism aren't a cute and cuddly population. They require intensive supervision and assistance. They have few advocates.

So while we are at it - why don't you take more money away from poor kids? From disabled seniors? How about you cut funding to drug and alcohol treatment facilities? After all those folks are vulnerable and often hard to advocate for....

Asshat Award: BC Budget 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment