Thursday, July 5, 2012

MOAs - not all just the crabby ones

My #1 kid sees a pediatrician... well all three children do and they happen to have different pediatricians due speciality (ADHD, prematurity & respiratory). I have been around medical offices quite often. I ADORE my GPs receptionist (Karen you are a gem).

However since December 2011 I have been dealing with am MOA from HE double hockey sticks. She gives you attitude on the phone (lots of Pffts, sighing, etc). I just know as I sit there with my mom sized calender she is going to offer me every crappy appoinment or conflicting appointment she can think of (as I am sure she is clairvoyant & trying to create the most amount of dialogue in to secure one appointment so that she can pratice her bitch tone), she fails to forward on messages to the doctor about prescriptions, she fails to call when she is delayed doing something about your appointment.

But today she went off the bitch reservation and called my house after an appointment to yell that I had confirmed that I would change my appointment today by 15 minutes. Irony is that my sweet Mennonite mother in law answered the phone (and not hag me). So she yelled at the wrong woman. My mother in law meekly told her that she would pass on the Holwer message. Cue 1 hour later when I get home. MiL does her best 'bitch' impression (which she hardlyhas any pratice at and can in no way due this MOA justice).

I sit and muse for about 30 minutes about what I am going to do.... 1) call her back and give it back to her, b) write a letter to the pediatricans and advise about the hellion that have on the phone, c) sit and stew and blog about it. Turns out I am not so good at sitting on it and decided that I can call her back AND blog about it! Win win!

Discounted the letter to the pediatricians unless I could find a way to send a letter to them which by passed the front desk.

Like all bullies she turned and ran when I called back... apologies and sadness.... me thinks that someone was lectured before hand because she was all puppies and balloons when I debated with her the importance of professionalism not withstanding the huge breach of confidentiality speaking about out appointment with someone who she did not bother to confirm was a family member. As she tried to defend her douchiness by saying that she called our hous this morning to change to appointment I had to remind her of technology and the fact that we have call display and the last time she called our house was on July 4th to confirm the scheduled time.

So a big kick in the shins to people who work in public but hate to deal with people. I quite like our pediatrician so I will endure her Asshole act.... but maybe when I see her next time I will make sure that I bring her a starbucks card because obviously karma is a bitch and she is about to get a beat down.

1 comment: