Saturday, January 7, 2012

People I Want To Kick in the Big Box: Best Buy

Really any retailer who does not have an efficient check out system deserves a HUGE kick in the box.

Today I went to Best Buy with 3 children in tow.... need I remind anyone who has 3 children that taking them shopping is akin to herding stray cats. It was chaos and the store was not even busy. We were on a k-Cup mission! They are buy 2 get 1 free... as the coffee for the Kuerig is hideously expensive and I am clearly a caffeine addict AND time pressed it is essential to buy them on sale. I go through 2 K-Cups a day (as does HWSNBN).

Sooo Lazy Me tried to buy said coffee off the Best Buy website last night.... except that during check out they required NOT only my security code off the back of my card but also asked for my 'password'. I may be lazy but stupid is not on the list so I had to shut it down before Vladimir in Kerplakistan started to hammer out fake Visas and Debit cards in my name.

So this morning I wait at the Best Buy in the shadiest part of Surrey.... although we are lucky as the rain is falling and the sketchiest hobos are still in their nooks and crannies. I prepare my troops - we are going in for coffee not video games or Angry Birds paraphenalia. I *thought* that my only issue was going to be blocking any more crap coming into the house... but alas no! We get past the doors and they scatter like marbles. My anxiety is high as one of the three is not actually my progengy but rather a friends son.

Finally wrangle my herd only to be shown the 5 boxes of K Cups they have left (SERIOUSLY BEST BUY???). Thankfully there is hot chocolate as requested. I satisfy the caffeine gods with 2 Bold coffes and we slowly meander to the cash register.... Only to find a TREASURE trove of K cups stacked in the maze that is the line up line up area. So must ditch lackluster bold coffees for sexier Chocolate truffle coffee and Emeril.

Kids are relatively kept at my side by threats of NO Tim Hortons run if they scatter again.... there is only one guy in front of us (and only one cashier). His transaction seems easy and straight forward. It still takes 8 minutes. By which point my kids are playing 'cashier' at the empty tills. And I don't care because I can see them and it is Best Buy's problem that they are too cheap to actually man those tills.... finally my turn. Kids think that I am done so make a break for the door. AM clearly NOT done. Am trying to explain buy 2 get one 1 free deal to cashier (who is clearly at her maximum ability to cope). She finally has to call a manager over to confirm that I am right. I can feel the urge to smack growing.

Finally we are released from our bondage at Best Buy. And I am left wondering if protecting my security last night was worth the marble herding this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment